Total Pageviews

Saturday 8 June 2024

John Hanson

 Forgetting to keep adding profiles of Ufologists who have carried out legitimate investigations and especially regarding AE/CE3K cases I completely forgot that John Hanson of The Haunted Skies Project needed including.

John has not only met and chatted to Jennie Roestenberg but many others who have had CE3Ks.  He has interviewed some many years after rather bare reporting by others and I have a complete set (I bought them) of the Haunted Skies books and it is not often that I get surprised but John turned up some new and unique cases that I had never heard of before!

Above: John Hanson with Lt Col Charles Halt at Rendelsham Forest -John wrote two books on the subject with the main one being The Halt Perspective. (c)2024 J. Hanson

This is from John's Haunted Skies web page https://www.hauntedskies.co.uk/

"It was in January 1995 that John's curiosity in UFOs began, after a colleague telephoned him to tell him about a massive saucer-shaped object he and his officer partner had seen in the Stirchley area of Birmingham, and for the next two to three years John began to gather information of other sightings that had been witnessed on that same evening.

"John's former partner Dawn visited a college where John was giving a lecture and he propositioned her into helping him write a book about UFOs, which she thought was only going to last 12 months, but which has - in fact - taken 15 years! John & Dawn have met some very interesting people in researching the books including pilots, police officers, and general members of the public who have been most helpful and have had a lot of fascinating accounts to recall. John & Dawn have visited the length and breadth of the country collecting various UFO reports and has chronologically written these up in various volumes of Haunted Skies. It has been a very challenging task, but one which has helped to satisfy the curiosity of the general public. Their research has seen them investigating crop circles, WWII foo fighters, strange lights in the sky as well as on the ground, together with flying objects in the skies from Scotland to Cornwall, and they have built up a comprehensive and detailed log which spreads over several volumes.

Above: John at his British UFO Archives (c)2024 J. Hanson


John's Own Words...

'My ‘working ‘journey through life began working as a Chef at the Moorend Park Hotel in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire which I enjoyed but then started work with an outside catering firm R Sills, which enabled me to see how the other half lived serving food to the gentry at Hunt Balls and on one occasion seeing the Queen Mum briefly as she walked past one of the tents. This all changed after seeing the look on my father face after somebody pinched his car, motivated me to join the Birmingham City Police,-where I served nearly 30 years half in uniform, then in CID.

"If I could do it all again I would join the force -but would think twice before getting involved in the UFO Business, no disrespect intended towards the fantastic people I met over the years as this is not for the faint hearted. I was foolish to believe that I could deal with anything !

"I thought that having personally risked my life, by being involved in dangerous confrontations, with criminals –such as seeing a machete slice through the air and miss my head. Suffice to say if it had killed me then I wouldn’t be talking to you tonight.

"On another occasion I fought off a violent burglar who tried to stab me with a line prop in the back garden on a house in Sparkhill Birmingham at 3am - not as funny as you might think when you are on the receiving end!

"Another incident involved chasing safe breakers for over an hour into the open countryside, culminating in their car crashing I handcuffed the driver and set out to arrest the passenger. It wouldn’t even enter my mind that I was at a risk…arrogance of being a cop I suppose you think you’re immortal.

"I never thought in my wildest dreams that I would ever get involved in a subject which I had not the slightest interest in –after all Flying Saucers ghosts and other phenomena have no place in our technological world, boy was I in for a shock! "


Above: John Hanson on a busman's holiday! (c)2024 J. Hanson

The Haunted Skies Face Book page



https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100066375915937

No comments:

Post a Comment