Total Pageviews

Friday 28 September 2018

Pascagoula and Budd Hopkins


The question came up in a conversation online.  Someone had heard that "Calvin Parker had several hypnosis sessions with Budd Hopkins" and I was asked whether I had heard about this?

The answer is that I was told by Budd that it was one session in a hotel room in 1993 or 1995 (I can't read my own scribble). However, all I can say is that the entities described in the initial encounter were mot the ones in charge based on what was learnt.  I had serious doubts about what came out under hypnosis as Budd said Parker was anxious and nervous -to which I might add that by that time he had probably heard or seen a lot about UFO abductions.  I think the session took place during(?) a UFO conference that Parker was persuaded to attend.

As far as I am aware, after his death, all of Budd's work was sent to David Jacobs.

Hypnosis used to recall an event twenty years later, after a percipient's mind has probably absorbed a lot of information (if even unwillingly heard) is of not much use.  We all guessed that Hickson and Parker probably underwent some form of medical examination -Hickson indicated this- but a session held in a hotel room could be tainted.

Initially, in every case, a psychologist/psychiatrist should be with the investigator and he/she can then assess the percipient for signs of trauma/stress and advise on how to best help them.  If there are physical symptoms since the encounter that need to be medically assessed then there should be access to a doctor.  Only after all of this is done and the percipient is deemed mentally and physically fit should there be any thought of attempting to retrieve any lost memory with hypnosis as the final option and not the first.

I understand that someone is helping Parker to finally write his own account of the Pascagoula encounter.  Obviously, that is going to be interesting but I have serious reservations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are We Going to Let All of the Information Fade Away: Or Are We Going To Do Something About It?

 originally published in 2018 on the AOP Blog I would like to offer this page from Patrick Gross' Ufologie page.  It shows the results f...