Total Pageviews

Sunday 1 November 2020

Sheppey "Space Ape"

 I have added a couple of reports that really do require more detail o if anyone can help let me know

Sadly, I no longer have the letter from RAF Manston but if you have heard of the 1979 Sheppey, Kent "Space Ape" report it was one I looked into. I contacted RAF Manston and asked whether anything odd had been picked up by radar on the night in question as a "UFO" had been reported.  The type-written reply stated thaty Manston had received a repoprt of a UFO and that radar had detected an object in the area in question.

This letter and the file was destroyed (deliberately) by a member of the UFO International group. It seems that uch a confirmation gave weight to the "space ape" report and they were not having that.

I believbe the letter was from Squadron Leader Chris Lemon -I can give that much out since the 35 year confidentiality rule ran out "a while ago"!

It would be nice to see if anyone had more information on the report at that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment