Total Pageviews

Tuesday 5 January 2021

Where Are They?


 I mentioned the Isle of Sheppey "Space Ape" yesterday and it is significant fot two reasons. I'll ignore how BUFORA screwed up in a big way.

Firstly, there was not just the entity seen by a number of motorists but there were also reports of a large, oval shaped UFO in the area. Already we have what should be classed as a high quality multi-witness UFO/CE3K incident. I spoke to the local RAF station and asked whether they had received any UFO reports on the date in question. I never try to "be crafty" or anything else other than open and asking a straight forward question. The MoD and RAF have in the past been very helpful and open. I opened up the letter on Station note paper and read that not only had the station re4ceived UFO reports but that radar had also det4ected a UFO over the area where the reports said it was.

Score! 10 out of 10 -a seemingly solid case. I sent a file to BUFORA and the letter and report was put in with other files at UFO International's make-shift headquarters. When I got back I intended to do more work on the case but after two years of non-stop UFO investigations I was off on holiday to Germany (and on the 2nd day became embroiled in a UFO mystery).

Once I got back to thye UK I found that Peter Tate had been playing his games and I was told straight to my face that the Sheppey file had been burnt because "We don't want that sort of nonsense!" (A CE3K). My vocal explosion involved a lot of expletives and I left 'HQ' and once home phonmed BUFORA and asked whether they could send me a copy of the file (after explaining what had happened). Once again I was told "Oh, it might be lost in amongst the files at headquarters" (AGAIN?!). A week later I was told that the report (15pp) "can't be found".

I quit working with group and Ufologists and concentrated solely on the AOP Bureau work. Two CE3K reports had been deliberately and unashamedly burnt by Tate and now two lots of documents had been lost by BUFORA. From that point on any new reports I dealt with asap and I kept a copy and origi9nal and the Ministry of Defence got a copy.

I may discuss the Sheppey case in more detail at a later date but there is a point to be made here; in the UK (and elsewhere) CE3K/AE reports were discarded or destroyed for any reason that could be thought up -often the Ufologist simply state4d "it was rubbish" and that was it.

Norman Oliver in the UK had an interest in these reports and in the US there was Ted Bloecher and both have long since retired. There must be others out there who have investigated and studied these reports so.....whare are they?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pontejos Santander Spain -6th January, 1969

I have the following notes and images on this incident and they were sent to me by someone many years ago but with no source.  If anyone can...