Total Pageviews

Wednesday 6 January 2021

Just an Update


 Updated a few of the United States entries in the files but here is the problem and why it needs funding top carry out this type of archiving.

Yesterday afternoon I got a high yield black and colour ink cartridge. On the lowest ink use setting..I ran out about 1400 hrs today.

Plastic sheet protectors for all the pages...I used 700 since last November. Now I need to buy more.

Printing paper...oh please...500 sheets per ream and it soon starts running out.

Digital ha a lot of problems. Firstly, I don't think I am going to live long enough to scan and transfer 1975-2018 to digital.  I have put new material onto USBs but even the higher priced USB sticks that are supposed to be better quality pop up occasional messages such as..."File Corrupted. Contents cannot be read" and a web site? Remember I built up four web pages (on other subjects) since 1999 and each wa suddenly shut down because Yahoo, Google etc decided they6 no longer want to host this type of thing. No money in it for them. Digital and the internet are NOT the archivists friend.

Paper archives -apart from a fire (but my stuff has easy access to "throw out a window")- are safe. Bulkly but safe and can be handed on to whoever when I croak.

So I have to decide: continue archiving or eat....I'm kind of fond of eating.

Just an update.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are We Going to Let All of the Information Fade Away: Or Are We Going To Do Something About It?

 originally published in 2018 on the AOP Blog I would like to offer this page from Patrick Gross' Ufologie page.  It shows the results f...