Total Pageviews

Tuesday 8 December 2020

Harrison Bailey (1951) UFO Abduction, Reeves Farm (1965), Eupora (1973)



 I have to admit that I was a tad surprised that the Hynek Centre for UFO Studies (CUFOS) had nothing regarding the 1960s Kathy Reeves/Reeves Family UFO incidents. Reading all the literature on the case -and there was not as much as I thought there might be- I asked CUFOS whether their file on the Rev. Harrison Bailey 1951 UFO abduction was available since Ann Druffel and another source noted a copy was sent to MUFON and CUFOS.  The file could not be found.

I forwarded my work on the Reeves case and after Beyond UFO Contact is published all my data on the Bailey case will also be forwarded. I will also forward everything to the AFU (Archive For the Unexplained). It took a year of asking around and coming up with nothing when it came to the Bailey case or trying to locate a photograph of him, before I spent two whole days of intense searching and -voila!

Harrison Bailey was villified by many Ufologists who simply wanted to dismiss him as a hoaxer and crank. Druffel drew her own conclusions and although I have a great deal of respect for her work (unlike 95% of Ufologists she studied and did great work on the subject) I disagree with her conclusions. The Bailey case gets a chunky wad of pages and I believe finally shows that he was experiencing what he claimed. That may sound enigmatic but the book is not that far away from release so if you are interested....

I have tried several times to get local news outlets in Mississippi interested in the Eupora (1973) case but nothing. I had assumed that somewhere in Mississippi there must be competent investigators not associated with MUFON or its scandals but, apparently, there are not.

Regarding the 1978 Buckfastleigh incidents everything has hit a dead end. The current pandemic did not help but I was hoping to hear more from those who knew the man (a possible UFO abductee) who was found by doctors to have undergone some back surgery -which he never had and that included scarring all dated back to 1978. Other leads have all drawn blanks so we know about the incidents and basic details but that is it.

As for responses to the CE3K/AE Study Project CUFOS where it can have been helpful and the AFU equally so.  Ufologists in general, however, not a word -and I am referring to those in Australia, Europe, the United States and UK. It is a far cry from the pre-internet days when Ufologists regularly exchanged publications and reports. The internet should have increased cooperation and reszearch but has instead been used for shouting about grudges and worse.

I hope 2021 sees abetter year all round.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Inter-galactic Travel" -What?

Above: Like early explorers mapping the continents of our globe, astronomers are busy charting the spiral structure of our galaxy, the Milky...