Total Pageviews

Thursday 29 November 2018

Deutsch, Espana, Fraincaise....

I get quite good help from the Centre for UFO Studies in the United States and, depending on the amount of time they have, the AFU in Sweden.  That is it.

I ask Ufologists to help cooperate on a project all would benefit from (CUFOS will be receiving completed reports and cases they have little or nothing on at the moment) and I get sent 2-6 page reports in Spanish when I make it crystal clear I only know a few words...reports that turn out to be hoaxes because, it seems, Spain has never -NEVER- had a genuine CE3K/AE encounter.

From Germany (in 2015) I got a short report -well, a scan from GEPs journal as well as a lengthier case report -also scanned from their magazine.  I am grateful but there are technical words that I do not know and cannot find references to anywhere and people use local dialects or slang terms that are meaningless gibberish in English (from 1977-2913 I heard every English accent going and some were a real struggle so imagine me sending a German exotic fauna researcher a report where local Cumbrian dialect is used to describe something)

The main reason everything is in a foreign language is because "There are no volunteers to translate" I did like the Spanish Ufologist "I don't have the time but when you have translated it I'll check it over". This is international cooperation at its best.

Two weeks to translate a Spanish hoax case, months struggling with French and longer with German.

People keep saying "use an online translator!"  but Google etc are awful and I often have to resort to going back to language dictionaries. "V in a small squadron men had tail over east" is what Google translate came up with but the actual translation is: "There was no tail seen on the object as it moved to the east".

That said, 106 posts on this blog and absolutely not one word of feedback from a world wide audience.

I guess if it isn't on You Tube it aint worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Four Books on CE3K -a Fifth On The Way?

 Yes, some posts have been reverted to drafts as they were on site long enough and no interest shown I decided they could go.  The Jose C. H...