After a week of frustrating emails there is one thing that I can state with 100% certainty -something I have found over the last few years.
In the UK Ufologists get a "juicy" case -a CE3K and even better an "alien abduction"; they will milk the story for every line they can so that they have a good chapter for the book and then the percipient can "get lost".
Supposed major CE3K percipents; most were just ignored after the details were taken and one supposed investigator after another has written the same line or spoken it without fail: "Lost contact with them. No idea where they are" I can also add to that, almost unbelievable though it is::
"I don't have the standard report form. It's either been lost or was given to someone"
"There is no detailed report on the case -all the details are in the book. No idea what happened to the witness"
This is not just a UK thing either. I found that many widely reported cases -featuring in books, magazines, talkes and even used as reference in TV shows.... noone knows what happened to the percipients. No one knows that some have passed away. Oh, we know Travis Walton is alive. We know what happened to Betty and Barney Hill but all of the others? I have searched and asked and..."never heard of that case" or "Don't recognise the name" (galling since two of the people I asked were ..."researchers" and included mentions of the cases in their books.
Then we have the massive collection of reports NEVER even investigated because they were CE3Ks or involoved the v"wrong type of person" or simply because Ufologists only went by newspaper clippings and when they did (after 25 and in one case 30 years) look into the case they were outraged that reporters had given incorrect details!
Cases with traces as well as noted physiological effects -ignored.
How many UFO percipients have there been? How many are genuine reports of encounters? How many misinterpretations?
Look at the FSR book The Humanoids and realise that only a few of the cases cited were investigated -some cases included were known hoaxes at the time.
To Ufologists in general percipients are fodder for books and when you hear that they have lost or have no detailed records of a case...it is -or should be- angering.
No comments:
Post a Comment