Total Pageviews

Friday 7 October 2022

Update on the CE3K/AE Archives

Last month I posted about my CE3K/AE archives and how I really wanted to scan all of the pages and save onto storage devices so that, eventually, the AFU in Sweden, CUFOS in the United States and The British UFO Archive would all have the information.  Someone looked at the files and told me that it would cost £30,000 and three years to carry out the task full time.

Since that time I have added even more report pages to the U. S. and a lot to the UK archives. Same person asked how many more pages so I told him. Apparently he know estimates that scanning would take approximately 4 years.

My original post on this is here

https://aeceiiikp.blogspot.com/2022/09/three-years-and-30000-anyone-got-some.html

I will write here and now that I cannot see the scanning taking place. just adding the new data has taken two ink cartridge refills, more copier paper and protective sleeves for the pages and I am also looking at the other pages that need copying I estimate at least three more ink cartridge refills and a lot of paper.  With the books and AOP Journals not selling I have to limit things to what I can afford so the files will continue to be built up but bit-by-bit.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Are We Going to Let All of the Information Fade Away: Or Are We Going To Do Something About It?

 originally published in 2018 on the AOP Blog I would like to offer this page from Patrick Gross' Ufologie page.  It shows the results f...