Total Pageviews

Saturday 10 September 2022

Fifty (50) Years!

 




Rather interestingly I was contacted by a Matt Dewer who has been looking at UFO researchers world wide for a book he is writing on UFO history. My first point to him was that I am not a Ufologist and do not want to be tainted by that term. I am an independent researcher looking at a number of subjects and UFO abductions is just one of them. I gave up running after lights in the sky years ago.

So I was then told that he had read that I began looking into CE3K cases in 1974 which is about right. "So you've been doing this longer than Ted Bloecher" he stated.  Now that annoyed me somewhat since, after all, Bloecher is a personal hero and very much respected for his work on CE3K cases (along with David Webb later on). Blocher started his interest in UFOs in the 1950s and wrote Report On the UFO Wave of 1947 (my copy was..."borrowed" many years ago).  He retired from UFOs in the early 1980s and Hopkins and Jacobs (sadly) took over from him. So he was active for 40 years.

I pointed that out quickly only to get the response "Yeah, but you've been doing this 48 years".

"Absolute *****!" I thought and then realised that it is 2022 and I am, unbelievably, "getting on a bit". I had a calculator nearby so checked. It is 48 years. If I live to 2024 I will have been working on CE3K/Entity cases fifty years. That is terrifying in so many respects but it has made me realise I need to sort out what happens to my files once I've popped my clogs. 

It is still mind-blowing (and scary) that almost fifty years have passed since I took the Path of Counter-Actuality. "Monster hunter", "Britain's Big Cat Detective" and other embarrassing names have been given to me by the press and media and yet every time I point out that I am a naturalist and, when it comes to UFOs/CE3K I am an independent researcher and my claim to fame is that I have managed to avoid major interviews so far! 😁😁

Most of my work is summed up in my twelve books and those at least avoid sensationalism, lying or twisting facts. Where I can find no reasonable or provable explanation to a case I class it as "open" and that's it. 

But...fifty years 😓 I don't look a day over 30 (when I'm not wearing spectacles)

1 comment:

  1. Well done Terry for having the balls mate to keep on despite the complete lack of serious research shown by so many...I will not be referred to a UFO Hunter !

    ReplyDelete

Are We Going to Let All of the Information Fade Away: Or Are We Going To Do Something About It?

 originally published in 2018 on the AOP Blog I would like to offer this page from Patrick Gross' Ufologie page.  It shows the results f...