Total Pageviews

Friday 16 September 2022

Spring/Summer 1977 Redditch. Worcestershire

John Hanson  Haunted Skies vol. 6  pp 186-188

 

Hospital DJ Terry Ingram was interviewing John Hanson and Dawn Holloway about UFOs and afterwards (off air) told them about a personal UFO sighting.  This took place at the British Leyland car factory, Longbridge, Birmingham:

“I was with another worker, ‘Big John’, and just finishing a break before going back into the cylinder block section, adjacent to Cofton Church.  ‘Big John’ suddenly stopped and pointed upwards exclaiming, ‘What is that?’ I looked up and was shocked to see this large cigar-shaped object, motionless in the sky, no more than ten feet above the roof.  It was so big, it blocked out the night sky.

“I would describe it as being thirty metres in length and forty metres in width.  It had a curved underside, which was constructed of metal panels of varying sizes –small, square, large, and rectangular.  It was just like standing under a jumbo jet.  I tried to rationalise the situation.  I hadn’t had a drink, but didn’t feel threatened.  After what seemed like a considerable length of time, it began to vibrate slightly and then shot forwards into the sky and moved away.

“As soon as it had left I became aware of the sound of the Pumping Station and stumbled into work in such a state, taking some time to convince the Foreman of what we had seen”.

This account is a fairly “normal” one of a standard UFO sighting. Ingram need not have mentioned the next part, in fact, in the past, ufologists would not have even referred to what happened next.  However, Hanson is putting together as complete a catalogue of events in his encyclopaedia as he can:

“About a fortnight later after the encounter with the UFO, I was at home, in Marley Crescent, Redditch, when, during the early hours of the morning, there was a loud and persistent knocking noise on the front door.

 


My wife urged me to go and see what was happening, thinking there was a family crisis.  I looked at the clock.  It was 3.00 am.  I shouted out, ‘Whose there?”  No reply.  The knocking went on, so I went down the stairs and saw what appeared to be the outline of a small child standing on the doorstep, through the glass panel set into the door.  As I reached the front door, thinking it was a neighbour’s child, seeking help, the letterbox lifted.

“Wary, I crouched down and peered through the letter box, feeling a wave of fear rise over me, with the hairs on the back of my neck standing up, after sighting a pair of slanted red eyes, with jet black pupils.  I found myself unable to move with fright.  It was literally a creature from the depths of hell.  I watched, in horror, as the ‘creature’ slowly backed away, still keeping eye contact with me.  It stood on top of a drain cover, a few feet away from the house.  When I moved, so did it.  I stood up.  It did so and took a step towards the door but stopped, as if realising my wife was walking down the stairs.  It then turned around, crouched, and leapt up in the air over the tall fence and disappeared.

 


“I will never forget what I saw.  It was really horrible.  It was about 1.5 metres in height, with green scaly skin, pointed ears, long filthy teeth.  ‘He’ or ‘She’ had four fingers on its hand.  The ‘Thing’ was wearing what looked like ragged sackcloth, worn like a toga.  It also had a tail, resembling a lizard’s tail but with an arrowhead on the one end, quite substantive, and stood on its two back feet in a crouching mode”.

Ingram never sought publicity and confided in Hanson and Holloway as he felt it was time to tell someone.  He will now no longer respond to attempts to contact him.

 


It is a pity “Big John” was never found –might he calso have received a visit?

 

THS –this is, again, another entity case involving no UFO although the witness did observe a UFO previously with another witness.  In this entity report his wife urged him to go and see who was knocking so a second person heard this which leaves us to decide on the entity itself.  As Hanson points out, only one person knows for sure –Terry Ingram.


all illustrations by Terry Ingram and (c) 2022 Haunted Skies Project/J. Hanson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are We Going to Let All of the Information Fade Away: Or Are We Going To Do Something About It?

 originally published in 2018 on the AOP Blog I would like to offer this page from Patrick Gross' Ufologie page.  It shows the results f...